Telangana Congress Releases Manifesto: Highlights
With elections in Telangana looming just over 10 days away, the Telangana Congress has unveiled its comprehensive manifesto. Some key promises include:
- An Indiramma gift of Rs 1 lakh and an additional 10 grams of gold for Hindu community girls, and Rs 1,60,000 for minority girls at the time of their marriage.
- Implementation of village volunteers to facilitate access to government programs, modeled after the system in Andhra Pradesh.
- Clearance of pending traffic challans with a 50% discount through a one-time settlement scheme, primarily benefiting the urban population.
- Provision of free electric scooters to girls above 18 studying in higher education.
- Replacement of Dharani with the Bhumata portal.
- Ensuring uninterrupted 24-hour power supply to farmers.
- Initiating a judicial inquiry into the Kaleshwaram Project.
- Commitment to filling vacant teacher posts within six months.
- Providing free internet through Wi-Fi to all students.
- Increased allocation to the education sector, including the establishment of four additional IIITs in the state.
- Holding a Praja Darabar at the CM's office every day.
These election promises reflect the party's vision for addressing various aspects of governance and public welfare in Telangana.